A Monster Calls


A Monster Calls is a movie that I watch this week. I didn't check the trailers, and just focus on the synopsis, so I don't know how the story moves. At first I thought this movie gonna be so cool, full of adventures and dreamy like Alice Through The Looking Glass or maybe BFG? (Actually I haven't watch BFG yet but later I'm gonna watch it). But sadly when I buy the ticket I just realized the genre is Drama and Fantasy. I thought It's gonna be an amazing fantasy, but it ends up not that climax for me lol.

This movie is a family movie, which rated 13+ in my country, which means even a child can watch too. This is a nice movie to be watched together, but sadly, this movie is too serious, sad, and so emo. Meanwhile beside the sad scene, there are so much good words you can implant in your life and supporting words also quotes you can take.
 
When I research this movie, it's adapted from a novels which is created in 2011 with the title A Monster Calls. Actually I found some resemblance between this movie and an animation movie titled The Little Prince which adapted from a novels too. It makes me curious how the novel from this movie goes on. I will just give 3 star for this movie, because this movie is flat beside the good meaning behind the movie. Also, the ending still got me confused Lol.

The story is about an ordinary sad life of Connor O' Malley when he finally call a monster from a Yew Tree near a grave and his house, which the Monster telling him a bunch of story.

Check the trailer here! :)