A Short Interview With Anna Unbound Lead Actress And Producer


Back then I got an email to go for an interview with the lead actress and producer of Anna Unbound. Actually they ask me for a Skype interview, but because I'm not that really an active interviewer or reporter that ask a lot with eye contact and I'm not that good in english so I ask for an e-mail interview. 

I really sent them a question I wait for so long like 1 or 2 weeks, I thought it's gonna be hopeless, and I won't get any chance to have their answer, but somehow they reply me back.

So this is the short interview with Bernd Porr!


1. What is the challenge when making Anna Unbound the movie?

There are many challenges during the whole process. For me the main challenges arose during those periods where I was stuck in front of my computer without seeing another soul for weeks: during the final frenetic re-writes of the script, then the approximately 6 month in the edit and then the form-filling when submitting to festivals. Organising the shoot and shooting it without much sleep for a month was relatively easy compared to solitary confinement for months in the edit.

2. What makes us, the viewers, need to watch Anna Unbound?

It's an engrossing, engaging and captivating personal drama about a woman who tries to sort out a trauma by moving to another country. Central to this is Vasso Georgiadou's outstanding performance which will draw the viewer in from the start till the end. In many ways the plot reflects what's going on in contemporary Europe and beyond that people move to different places to start a new life. In contrast to the classical depressing social realist British drama we have created a thriller which keeps the audience guessing until the finale. Alongside the main thriller plotline there is also an underlying romantic theme which creates conflict but also offers opportunities for all involved.

3. Can you give a little bit info about your next movie project?

My short films have covered different genres ranging from a bonkers social satire (NEDball, My Friend Helen) to classical drama about loss (Big Boots). In this spirit I've scripts in different stages of development which range from a dreamy dark drama about redemption to a quirky comedy about a hyper active IT girl just caring far too much about her customers. However, great ideas sometimes just pop up out of nowhere and might take over!

4. Any message to the viewers of Anna Unbound the movie?

In May Anna Unbound will be released on video on demand. If you like it spread the word on social media and/or talk to your local cinema to arrange a screening in glorious surround sound. We had five composers on this film! We are happy to come along for a screening with Q&A. We rely on your support to turn this film into a success. 



And this is the short interview with Vasso Georgiadou! 


1. What is your favorite scene?
My favourite scene is probably the final scene in the office. I like that sequence a great deal, as it was challenging to shoot but very engaging and emotionally rich at the same time. A  continuous roller coaster of interchanging internal and external landscapes.

2. What is the most challenging situation you're facing while filming Anna Unbound?

Being able to remain captured in the internal psychological struggle of my character has definitely been the biggest challenge. Whilst exterior circumstances and other characters seem to flow in a steady pace as the story unfolds, Anna's emotional world experiences endless fluctuations, and to be able to encapsulate and work with this predicament, proved to be the biggest challenge for me from the beginning till the end of the shoot.

3. Is there any positive message you can give to the viewers who is having an accident like in the movie?

The message I would like to pass on is that everything changes in life and everything has the potential for improvement, if we're willing to seek for solutions and ask for help. Sometimes this comes through reaching out to others, other times through reaching deep for our own hidden strength and retrieving the bigger version of our ourselves.Also, swap the drugs for a bit of yoga, meditation and a healthy diet works a treat!

4. What movie genre you want to try next?

My long-standing passion lies with action films. Being a great adventure fanatic and sports enthusiast, I would accept in a heartbeat the role of a superhero or simply someone who has to do a lot of running, fighting, exploring, and problem solving in order to save the day. If the part also included martial arts training, that would be my ideal vision of  a next film-role. Something like a "Kill Bill" sequel, with me playing the absolutely amazing part Uma Thurman had in it.

That's will wrap up the interview! Hope they are doing well and will create a more fantastic movie in the future! :)